Since our founding in 2008, the ZAC Foundation has developed close relationships across the water safety and aquatics sector.
Working with peer organizations is critical to advancing our mission of creating a generational change in how water safety is viewed by parents and their children. We are proud of our partners and collaborators and the work we have accomplished so far and what lies on the horizon.
Some of our these collaborators include:
- Abbey’s Hope of Edina, Minn., with whom we have collaborated on collateral describing dangerous and safe drain covers to help prevent drain entrapments.
- American Red Cross
- Boys & Girls Club of America with whom we created ZAC Camps to be held at clubs nationwide. To date, more than 22,000 school aged children and their families have gained vital water safety and swimming skills at ZAC Camps.
- Colin’s Hope, of Austin,Texas, with whom we have shepherded the Central Texas Area Drowning Prevention Plan Committee, which has arranged for water-safety themed billboards in the area and supplied adult and children’s life jackets to visitors at local public lakes.
- Diversity in Aquatics whose programming the Foundation has supported to reduce the risk of unintentional drowning deaths in historically underrepresented communities and vulnerable populations and advance safe access and equity to aquatic activities.
- Families United to Prevent Drowning with whom we collaborate intimately as a member of its Steering Committee working to share safety warnings from families of drowning victims.
- National Drowning Prevention Alliance which works closely with Families United to ensure no other families experience a drowning tragedy. Megan Ferraro, The ZAC Foundation’s Executive Director, serves on the Alliance’s Advisory Board.
- The U.S. Consumer Product SafetyCommission’s “Pool Safely Campaign” in which The ZAC Foundation has participated each year.
- Swim On Foundation, of St. Louis, Mo., which is working with local officials and aquatic experts to help advance the regional drowning prevention plan in that area.
- USA Swimming and Aquatics Coalition who worked with the Foundation and other entities throughout the pandemic to ensure safe access to water activities.